As you may already be aware, the bathtub, for many, is recognized as a place for rest and relaxation. Your tub is a private place where you can pamper yourself with the likes of Epsom salts and tranquil music or enjoy the silence and stillness of calming waters. As this is such a critical component of your home, it is important to keep it in optimal condition.
Your current bathtub may benefit from a thorough inspection. If it has any of the following issues, it may be time to replace your bathtub or install new bathtub liner:
- Mold (a furry growth of minute fungus occurring typically in moist warm conditions) can form from soap scum and grime build-up.
- This build-up provides a food source for mold and the running water from the tap provides a source of moisture.
- Mold may be small, but it can pose serious health risks. Toxic levels of mold vary but can affect breathing, irritate mucous membranes, suppress the immune system, and cause excessive coughing, sneezing, and headaches.
With the bathtub being a place for your sanity and sanitation, mold is certainly a killjoy.
What to look for: Brown mold, and sometimes darker black mold are commonly found on bath tile grout and in sealers in tiny spores grouped together. Hidden bathroom mold may be present in wall cavities around bath tub or shower controls that have leaked into the wall cavity.
- Like mold, mildew can also cause all sorts of breathing problems, rashes, allergies, migraines, and nervous system issues.
- Mildew usually grows in a flat pattern and appears either powdery or fluffy. It can be easily identified as a patch of white, gray, or yellowish fungus and commonly found in moist areas.
- Touching or inhaling mildew can cause a wide range of health problems in both allergic and non-allergic people.
- Dirt, grease, soap, or hair are all culprits leading to a backed up shower drain. This barricade makes for pipes to stay wet longer due to inadequate draining, giving time for mildew to cultivate.
What to look for: a thin whitish coating consisting of fungi. If found, consider replacing your tub with one of our many options! Our acrylic tub liners are built of easy cleaning & near-to-nothing maintenance as they are resistant to mold & mildew.
- Uh oh! As if dealing with the cleanup of a surface-level leak isn’t bad enough, there are always the unknowns behind the unseen damage a leak potentially creates!
- As discussed above, mold and mildew are invited in moist environments where water sits for long periods of time. A leaking tub is definitely worth replacing because of this.
- Beyond that, a leaking tub is costing you more! It’s literally money down the drain as water is not just a consumable but also potentially damaging areas it is escaping to.
What to look for: Draw a full bath of water then plug the drain. Let it stand for a few hours to monitor if the water level decreases over time. If it does, you should think seriously about a bathtub replacement.
- Nothing says ‘relax’ like a clean environment. On the other hand, few things might be more tension-inducing than an unclean or permanently-stained bathtub liner.
- Not only do stains make a bathtub less alluring, they also carry heaps of harmful and unhygienic bacteria and germs.
At Boston Bath Busters, our baths are resistant to chipping, scratching, staining, and fading.
What to look for: Soap scum or lime soap is the white solid that builds up. Yellow spots and hard water stains may also be present. Also, keep an eye out for rust pockets.
- FUNCTION. Over time, events happen in our lives that can drastically change how we bathe.
- Whether we desire ease getting in and out of the tub or desire more safety upon entering and exiting, bathtubs can be replaced to accommodate such.
- There are walk-in bathtubs that help homeowners with special mobility needs as well.
We offer safety accessories and handicap accessible options, to provide independence & accessibility to all people.
- Have you outgrown your bathtub? Perhaps you bought an older model home with an outdated and under-sized tub.
- If your tub is too short or too narrow for your liking or just plainly shaped in a way that annoys you, opt for a new bathtub!
- A bathtub is meant for comfort and cleanliness. If the mere size doesn’t accommodate you, a bathtub replacement or shower remodeling may be just the solution!
Your quality of life is only as good as your bathtub is! From cleanliness to restorative relaxation, your tub is worth investing in because it essentially is an investment in yourself.
Bath Busters takes pride in our high-quality, affordable supplied acrylic bathtubs and bath liners. We’d be honored to see if we are a good fit for your needs!
If you’re interested in a remodel, now in the future, consider requesting a free no-obligation consultation from us! Click the button below to fill out your information & hear back from us.